Tooling and optimisation of business processes.
Real time job scheduling IT Consultant
Consultant at RTL-tvi, broadcast it
01/2012 to 11/2012 Environment: .NET C#, WCF, Entity Framework and TFS.
Job scheduling optimization and load balancing system on a heterogeneous computing grid dedicated to audiovisual processing. The mission was first to propose a scalable solution and then to realize it according to the company software policies. Several business requirement had to be addressed and the main difficulty was to translate requirements into a mathematical language in order to satisfy and optimize criteria and job scheduling costs.
- Realization of an audiovisual file processing time predictor taking care of concurrency and network latencies. Based on statistics and using a random consensus model to exclude abnormal processing observations. Entity Framework, C#
- Realization of an optimized hypothesis generator based on genetic algorithm which can simulate and choose best job scheduling and resource allocation in real time. Automatic local rescheduling in case of conflicts of resource disabling.
C#, advanced self-hosted WCF
- Realization of a scalable costing architecture allowing to add and adjust cost criteria for job scheduling C#, Dependency Injection
R&D Engineer Software Lead Developper
Software lead developer at MEMNON SA
01/2007 to 12/2011 Environment: .NET C#, WCF, ASP.NET MVC. C/C++. PostgreSQL, SQL Server
Design, implementation and team coaching to realize a multimedia pre-indexation and annotation platform using semantic technologies (OWL, RDF, noSQL)
- Implementation of a grid computing system. Creation of an audiovisual file processing markup language and scalable processing units software. Integration of automatic information extractors from audiovisual content (speaker turn detection, speech recognition, shot detection ,….) and basics audiovisual editing tools.
- Implementation of a custom semantic data layer to provide dynamic and strongly typed object linked to finite state machine to handle workflows. OAI-PMH compatibility.
R&D Engineer Software Lead Developper
R&D Software engineer at Voice-Insight
10/2004 to 12/2006 Environment: C/C++, Java, C#
- Implementation of wrappers arround native C++ components to COM, Java (JNI) and .NET (CLI) - Porting to embedded platform (C/C++) PDA - Application development using speech recognition technologies on embedded platform (set-top-box, PDA) (Java, C++, VB)
R&D Engineer CNRS/LSEET
02/2004 to 08/2004 Environment:Matlab, Fortran
- Real-time imaging of a HF Radar for surface sea stream measurement. - Antenna signal processing and implementation of various high resolution algorithm as beamforming, direction finding, MUSIC
Active since 10 years in software development Specialized in .NET technologies (WCF, Entity Framework,...) but occasionally active in C/C++, Objective C, and Java platforms.
Extensive experience in speech processing, supervised and unsupervised feature detection, statistical analysis and imaging tools development.
Audiovisual and Broadcast IT
Strong experience in archiving, audiovisual material processing and multimedia workflows.
Experience as software leader in small team. SCRUL lethodology, software lifecycle and associated tools (TFS,SVN,GIT,Track,...)
Kid, I started to play copying code scripts on my Amstrad cpc 6128. I was 8, so too young to understand what was happening, specially with a documentation written a foreign language. So I started to modify variables, identify what was the color, radius or speed parameters for simple scripts as circle drawing animation. I begun to learn basic programming so young and having so much fun with it, that I just remember a day, arround 20, when someone told me it could be my job.